Greek Orthodox Community
Informational Guide for the Baptismal Sacrament
Requirements Prior to Baptism
- Active Church Membership of the parents ($250).
Requirements of the Godparent
- Must be Orthodox Christian. If married, the Godparent must be married in the Orthodox Church. If divorced, the Godparent must have a Decree of Ecclesial Divorce.
- Active Church membership and regular attendance of Church services
- It is customary for the Godparent to bring their Godchild to Holy Communion for three consecutive Sundays after the Baptism
Scheduling the Baptism
- Parents need to schedule an appointment with Father Peter to choose the date for the sacrament. Parents can either call 403.249.8876 or email him at Fr.Peter@shaw.ca.
- Once a date has been selected by the parents and Father Peter, please contact the office for completion of scheduling
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the length of the Baptism Service?
- What are the fees?
- Are there any restricted dates?
December 25 - January 6
Any Feastdays of Our Lord